It is important to have adequately trained employees who are familiar with the latest developments in safely utilizing material handling equipment. Some of the critical items covered in Part 1 of this manual are:
- center of gravity
- stability area
- load limits and rated capacity
- the teetertotter principle
- jobsite conditions
- proper balance of loads
- traveling and placing loads
- inspection and maintenance
Part 2 of the manual is the actual hands-on portion of the forklift training. After students have successfully completed Part 1, they will be required to complete Part 2 to show competence. Part 2 checks the student for the following:
- ability to review jobsite safety conditions
- equipment safety
- ability to operate the forklift
This training program meets the requirements of the OSHA Standard for Rough Terrain Forklifts.
Note to Laborer Groups: Please contact the MCAA at 800-536-2225 to find out about special pricing.